martes, 3 de junio de 2014

The Cross-Touch Perspector

On Novermber, 2013, I discovered this point and inmediately sent it to Clark Kimberling and Peter Moses. The point is not listed on ETC, but, seemingly, has not special properties.



The configuration consist in a triangle with three semi-circles on  each side and three common tangents lines. Now from each vertice draw a line joining the farthest tangenticial point on its corresponding semicircle and cyclic. The three intersecting points form a triangle wich is in perspective with the reference triangle.



I sometimes donate my results to AoPS when they have no special interest out of problem-solving, so I did. Next day, someone under the nick "Lyub4o" posted a proof which you can see here.

The internal version is the incenter of the reference triangle. I will take the liberty to name the external point "The Cross-Touch Perspector".






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario